Purpose: The Advisory Council is a volunteer body of twelve to fourteen members who serve as strategic thought leaders, collaborators, and catalysts for action for the mission, ministry and work of Sarah’s. In addition to supporting the staff and residents of Sarah’s, the Advisory Council works to promote and embrace a diverse community and to network with other community leaders. The council meets the 3rd Thursday of each month (September-May) from noon-1:00pm.
Sarah’s Advisory Council 2016-2017
- Blanche (Bea) Abdallah
- Sarah Brenes, Advocates for Human Rights
- Nancy Davis, CSJ
- Alex Philstrom
- Marilyn Harder
- Mary Hunt, Chair, CSJ Consociate
- Renuka Jayatunge
- Rojina McCarthy, Center for Victims of Torture
- Margaret McRaith, CSJ Consociate
- Colleen O’Malley, CSJ
- Teri Fink Peterson
- Betty Schindler, CSJ Consociate
- Amy Smith, International Institute of Minnesota
- Cheryl Behrent, Director, CSJ Consociate
- Martha West, Community Relations Associate, CSJ Consociate
Key Responsibilities include:
- Advocate on behalf of Sarah’s mission and work.
- Leverage business and civic connections to promote the mission of Sarah’s.
- Lend expertise and experience to represent Sarah’s at planned events.
- If possible, support Sarah’s with a financial contribution.
- Make recommendations about public awareness strategies and resources.
- Identify other experts and knowledge leaders who can support Sarah’s