A Letter from Sarah’s Director about COVID-19
One lesson at a time. One woman at time. One day at a time.
At Sarah’s our ultimate commitment through this pandemic is to provide peace of mind for our residents, staff, and their families by striving to ensure the safest environment possible. As Sarah’s Director, I want to reassure all our supporters and friends that Sarah’s monitors and follows all necessary infection control guidelines and protocols as recommended by the CDC, the MN Dept. of Health, and the CSJ community.
Working under the employee guidelines set forth by the CSJ community, I have developed temporary policies and benefits that will support our staff through this crisis. To that end, our staff is working remotely. For residents, I continue to make adjustments in order to protect their health because they are particularly vulnerable in times of crisis. Therefore, Sarah’s will not be accepting new residents or in-kind donations until further notice. We will be closed to the public for the foreseeable future.
I know all our supporters and friends are anxious to hear how our residents are doing under these stressful circumstances. Here’s an update:
- Sarah’s residents are staying at home unless they have an essential responsibility off-site.
- I have requested that if a resident show symptoms of illness, the resident must:
- Contact me immediately
- Contact their health provider for an appointment
- Self-isolate in their room, and wear masks in the bathroom
- Food and medication will be delivered to the resident in their room
Residents are practicing social distancing from each other as much as possible. They are wearing gloves, as they always do, for cleaning and cooking.
Sharing and Caring:
As Director, I established a “call care list” so I can personally track the mental health and well-being of current residents, volunteers, and staff. I am also contacting donors, CSJ Sisters, Consociates and friends of Sarah’s who live alone to make sure they are staying healthy.
What can you do?
- Make a financial contribution online to help sustain our home, provide nutritious food, and access to medical care for Sarah’s residents.
2. Order and mail to Sarah’s needed items from Sarah’s online wish list.
3. Remember us in your prayers.
Your contributions are critical for us at this time because like many other organizations, we have postponed our annual fundraiser, Sarah’s “Welcome Home” Breakfast Buffet and Benefit. Stay tuned for a new SAVE-the-DATE for June 2021 coming soon! June 2021’s event will be Sarah’s 25th anniversary!!
Your donation directly supports Sarah’s residents and our home. Thanks to YOU, we are here for the women of Sarah’s!
May peacemaking prevail on Earth today!
With love and gratitude,