At Sarah’s, volunteers must possess these qualities:
• Ability and willingness to relate with women of diverse backgrounds, language skills, appearances, and life experiences.
• Ability to maintain resident confidentiality and commitment to the privacy and safety of the residents being protected at all times.
• Ability to listen to feedback, recognize own potential and limitations, acknowledge others’ feelings, and ability to communicate well in writing and orally.
• Ability to be collaborative with and accountable to residents, staff, and other volunteers
• Willingness to make a commitment of a minimum of one semester for students and 9 months for non-students
The first step in the process of becoming a volunteer is to attend a virtual tour and complete the volunteer application online below. Volunteer positions are not always open. Your information will be maintained in Sarah’s database and you will be contacted if there is a volunteer opening. You are welcome to attend the virtual tour (register from this link to the events page) whether there is an opening at this time or not. This would be an opportune time to talk with Sarah’s director about the potential types of volunteerism that Sarah’s may have available.
At this time if there are no relevant volunteer opportunities available, someone will contact you when something opens in the future. Thank you.